[EATYALL PODCAST #36] Chef Robbie Nicolaisen Tours Georgia Pecan Harvest with R. G. Lamar
What Makes Georgia Grown Pecans Superior?
The uniquely sweet and buttery pecans are such a delight to binge on. But wait, what if I tell you that these can also help you keep away from a zillion diseases boasting more antioxidants than any other snacking nut? This week, Andy and Marianna visit the Lamar Pecan Farm in Hawkinsville, Georgia, and are joined in by RG Lamar (owner at Lamar Pecan Co. and President of Stuckey’s) and Chef Robbie Nicolaisen (Executive Chef at The Hound in Auburn, Alabama) to explore everything that connects with Georgia Grown Pecans – harvest, storage and the industry as a whole. Join them on the episode as they discuss the different sizes and varieties of Georgia Grown Pecans and nutritional factors relating to the nut, how to cook them in a microwave, Stuckey’s famous Pecan Log Roll Beer and all about managing the pecan farm in a fun learning tour!
Also In Episode 36….
- Georgia Pecans taste a lot better when stored properly. Learn how at the farm the dark colored nut is stored properly without refrigeration even.
- Know the nutritional advantages of pecans. The pecan is one of the best for a KETO diet!
- Learn how to cook pecans in a microwave.
- Know everything about the Pecan Log Roll Beer and how RG became the President of Stuckeys as he shares his background story with us.
- International chefs are chomping at the bit to get these Georgia Grown pecans; learn why!
- Sit back and enjoy another fun lightning round at EATYALL as the guests answer some quick and enjoyable questions from Andy!
This episode of the EATYALL Podcast is made possible through a partnership with the Georgia Pecan Growers Association. Follow them on Instagram and Facebook, too.
Catch up with Chef Robbie Nicholaisen at The Hound in Auburn, Alabama or visit them online at https://www.thehound-auburn.com/