6th Annual Sweetest Chefs Highlighted America’s Top Pastry Chefs in Orange Beach, Ala.
Talented pastry chefs from all over came together to showcase their skills and hundred of guests came to taste and vote in the 2021 Sweetest Chefs Awards during the 6th Annual Sweetest Chefs pastry chef showcase EATYALL hosted in Orange Beach, Ala. on September 17, 2021 thanks to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism and our venue partner, The Wharf.
Only one chef could win the title for each these three unique categories: Best Flavor, Best Presentation, and Most Creative. The voting was so close, but ultimately winners were revealed!
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Sweetest Chefs Awards presented by Pearson Farm. And the winners are…
- Best Flavor – Chef Lennon Harrison from Orange Beach, Ala.
- Best Presentation – Chef Patricia Clark from Fairhope, Ala.
- Most Creative: Chef Chris Walker from Starkville, Miss.
Passionfruit, meringue, and a hint of raspberry. Chef Chris Walker’s take on Baked Alaska is now known to all of us as the Baked Alabama. Served up in style, this previous winner of Sweetest Chefs Awards in 2018 and 2019, earned him the 2021 Sweetest Chefs Most Creative Award!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and no one could wait to get their hands on this eye catching treat! Chef Patty Clark found a way to take flavor up a notch pairing levels of chocolate and blackberry with a variety of textures to create this jaw dropping sphere of decadent delight she calls “The Black Beauty.” This dessert earned Chef Clark her first Sweetest Chef Award as the winner of the Sweetest Chefs 2021 Best Presentation.
Chef Lennon Harrison pulled out all the stops to bring this heart-warming dessert to the table! Check out these mouth watering photos of his Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Layer Cake that paired perfectly with a bourbon cheesecake mousse earning him the 2021 Sweetest Chefs Award for Best Flavor. This is Chef Harrison’s third Sweetest Chefs award after winning two categories in 2019.
Thank you to each of our friends and sponsors for helping us make The 6th Annual Sweetest Chefs the BEST on YET!
- Gulf Shores & Oranges Beach Tourism, our presenting partner
- The Wharf, our host venue
- Rouses Markets for providing cheese and charcuterie for our food bar plus support for our Culinary Stage
- Southern Peanut Growers who hosted our Chef Welcome Reception at Fisher’s Dockside
- Pearson Farms who presented the 2021 Sweetest Chefs Awards
- Focus Creative for event photography
- Murder Point Oysters for providing oysters for our VIP Room
- John Emerald Distilling Co for serving our Welcome Cocktail in partnership with…
- Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale & Pepsi for presenting our Welcome Cocktail
- Tito’s Vodka for hosting a recipe demonstration on our Culinary Stage
- Bailey’s Irish Cream for hosting a recipe demonstration on our Culinary Stage
- Bulleit Bourbon for hosting a recipe demonstration on our Culinary Stage
- Moe’s BBQ for serving amazing bites on our hot food bar
We would like to offer a huge thank you to the culinary volunteers from Coastal Alabama Community College! We would like to offer a special congratulations to Ashley and Andrew, the recipients of our Coastal Alabama Culinary Scholarships! We wish you luck and success on your culinary journeys.
For more information on pastry chef outreach on behalf of your farmers or products, please contact us today.